M&J

M&J

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where has time gone?!

I have really slacked on the whole blogging thing!  But I am going to really start to try and do it so I can remember everything that is going on in life.  So Maddax is now 7 1/2 months old!!!  I seriously cannot believe that!  He has been so much fun lately and seems so grown up.  In April we finally got the adoption finalized and we were sealed in the temple and Maddax was blessed!!  It was a very busy month but so fun!

I had no idea what to expect in the temple.  But it was a really cool experience!  When we first walked in they took us to this little room with toys and there were two older ladies there.  They said they were going to take Maddax and get him dressed and take care of him until the ceremony was going to start.  I didn't know this is what they did, I was planning on having him with me the whole time and dress him myself.  But they took really good care of him and was a good boy for them.

We had asked Marissa my sister to be the one to hold Maddax during the whole thing.  So that was cool to have here there to be apart of it.  She was so nervous but did a great job!  She was so cute with him and he was really good the whole time we were in the temple.  He was so cute during the whole thing he just sat and stared at the Chandler above us and at Josh.  It was seriously the cutest thing ever!  We both were so emotional that day we couldn't believe this day was really here and that we were a family forever!!

We then went to Josh's parents house to bless Maddax and have lunch.  It was so fun to be there with family and friends.  We were so happy to have our birthmom Ellysha and her family there as well!  We love her and her family, we feel so blessed to have them in our lives!!  Josh did an awesome job on blessing Maddax and including Ellysha in that blessing and telling him how lucky he was to have such an amazing birthmom that loved him and wanted the best for him.

It was a fantastic day and really fun to just be with family and our close friends.  It really meant a lot to us that all of you came to share our day with us.  We feel so blessed to be surrounded with such great people!!

Here are some pictures of that day:

                                                                       Marissa and Ben


                                                                         Tara and Jon



John and Kristen and family



Mark and Lisa and family


Us!


My family


Some of my friends


Josh's family


Our birthmom Ellysha's family


Parents and grandparents

Our parents


Us and Ellysha


Love this little boy!





1 comment:

Ginn Family said...

I am so happy for you!! What a wonderful day! I didn't get my email to you before you made your blog private so I didn't even know you had adopted!! You all look so amazing and happy, congratulations!!