So to start from the beginning of this amazing journey, let's go back to June. We went through lds family services and what they have you do is make a online profile of you and your spouse. Well Josh and I completed this in february and we waited.
We received an email from a girl named Ellysha and we were so excited! We couldn't believe someone was wanting to get to know us and talk to us! So we emailed back and forth for awhile and we hit it off right away! We had so much in common with her and it seemed so natural and right.
Eventually we met her and it was the neatest experience. We talked about what we are interests were and what she liked to so for fun. Eventually we talked about what we would be comfortable in a relationship with her, as far as an open adoption. Now when we first stated this journey we were terrified of an open adoption. It sounded so scary ad just plan weird. But lds family services really help you understand why on open adoption is so important for everyone involved.
So at the end of the meeting she told us she chose us! We couldn't believe it and we were so excited! So over the next 3 months we kept in contact with Ellysha and she was nice enough to let me attend all of her doctor appointments! Which was so cool!
So Maddax' due date was October 16. Well she texted us September 24@6 pm and told us she thinks her water broke! Oh and she told me not to freak out!!! Lol I freaked out! So we rushed up to the hospital ( which was the longest drive of my life!) and she was a 3 and she was doing great and in no pain! She is a tough!
So a few hours went by and she was a 6 and asked for the epidural. By then she was feeling pain but she was so good! Eventually she felt she needed to push and 45 minutes later Maddax Joshua McKell was born! 6 lbs 3 oz 19 inches long.
Ellysha was a rockstar!!!! Well I will share a few pictures and continue the store another day.
Maddax being born

Ellysha holding Maddax for the first time

Maddax and I

Love this picture of Josh holding Maddax for the first time. So cute.

Love this picture of him in the hospital.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
That such a neat experience Mal! Am so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet him!
Sorry, I didn't post earlier! I read this last week...anyway...I'm so happy for you and Josh!! Little Maddox is adorable and I think it's wonderful the way you all found each other. What a blessing!!
Post a Comment